SEARCH for Encaustic Resource Topics | Or Browse the Tabs

Scribe, Twisted Scribe, Needles, Pins, etc.

A scribe, twisted scribe, needle, pin or other sharp pointed tool are all perfect for incising lines, or writing in the wax; the line can be filled in (referred to as intarsia; a form of wood inlay)- with encaustic, oil paint, or paint sticks.

Some tools of this nature can be modified by adding a handle to make it more comfortable to use; handles can be salvaged from outmoded tools (like button-hooks), broken tools (like clay tools), or purchased from various companies (like Edward C. Lyons).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

---------------------------------------{ A Note to Readers }---------------------------------------

Revisiting old topics and filling in holes is quite a chore, yet a necessary one, one that will offer more quality information. For example: recent activity and questions surrounding hardboard and/or masonite, has directed our attention to fill in the blanks on that topic (currently under revision/addition), as well as, more about gesso (specifically encaustic gesso) and other topics (search the tabs), all are in the works. 

Prior years were to get as much general information as possible up and available- a starting point. More and more however, new topics are focused and detailed, and old ones will be getting revisiting; removing any possibility of confusion. 

I should point out that this is a one person operation (takes me awhile to get around to everything, ohh yeah, I should make some art), Anyway, where was I?, oh! one person operation..., even though I tend to refer in posts and topics as we, it is to remove the need to revisit things later when it really is we. All of this whilst working, making art, and whatever may be the case.

As always, I welcome any opinions, comments, and questions- simply contact me.

Thank you
Jonathan Parks